Monday, October 10, 2011

31 Days of Joy: Day 10


Rain is a gift.  This is a realization I've come to over the past few weeks.  Things that I enjoy on a sunny day seem to fill my heart with much more joy when done in the rain.  A couple of weeks ago, I went running in the rain, which was invigorating and made for an enjoyable workout.  Last night, I went the park and swung on the swing in the rain.  Also so much more enjoyable than swinging on a clear evening.  There's just something about getting wet and not being upset about it that makes me feel carefree.  Children love stomping in puddles and running around in the rain.  When did we stop stomping in puddles?  When did we start caring if our jeans got muddy or our hair no longer looked perfect?  When did we start viewing rain as a nuisance rather than an excuse to play outside?  And why?  Next time it rains, pull on your rain boots (or your running shoes), run through some puddles, do a little dance, sing a little song, or simply stand still, delighting in the pure joy of being soaking wet and loving every moment.  Enjoy it, my friend.  Rain is a gift.



1 comment:

  1. Some of the most beautiful pictures are taken in the rain--my favorites are when the sun shines through the rain =)

    ReplyDelete