Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy, Happy Day!

      I am 25 today! My, how the years fly by! It seems like just yesterday that I was a wide-eyed 12 year old girl, dreaming of my brilliant future as a nurse, missionary, and wife. I've been a nurse for almost three years now, graduate from seminary with my MA in Intercultural Studies in December, and am marrying the man of my dreams in only a few short months! This morning, snuggled in my bed listening to African Gospel music and sipping strong coffee, I am once again overwhelmed by the faithfulness of my God. It hasn't always been an easy journey, but He has never left my side and has truly worked all things for good as I have sought after His heart. 
      The last two years I had to work on my birthday, so I am thrilled that I get to spend the entire day relaxing and enjoying being me! Joshua came over this morning before he went to work with a surprise breakfast: homemade brown sugar scones, strawberries with homemade whipped cream (that he whipped by hand with a whisk), and coffee, of course. I am convinced that his scones trump my favorite scones from Jude's coffee shop in my college town - and I was addicted to those scones! Josh also brought a happy birthday balloon that has now joined my Valentine's Day balloon that is still going strong. A beautiful bouquet of tulips in a Mason jar decorates my table - Josh left them for me to find when I got home from a trip on Monday. There was also a large present from two dear friends waiting for me when I got home from work last night. To make the day even better, I get to spend this evening with my love in Manhattan, attending a Broadway show! I am feeling very much spoiled and dearly loved! 
      Today, I am thankful. Thankful for the God who created me, thankful for His love that sustains me, thankful for the gift of each and every day with which He blesses me. I am very much looking forward to this new year, a new year full of adventures, laughter, and God's faithfulness. Not to mention that this is the year that I will become Mrs. Joshua North! Enjoy the day, friends! 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment